One of my 2013 favorite movies. The lovely story and special effects were so gripping that I was totally involved by the plot and its twists. I strongly recommend it.
Look at some of the ways we can use FOR or TO:
I. Watch the movie segment and fill in the blank with FOR or TO. You have to explain why you chose it.
1.Many people in Chicago came _________ see the magic tricks on a beautiful Monday evening.
2. In New Orleans, the hypnotist knew the man hadn't gone on a business trip, but on a trip with his sister-in-law, his lover. The magician made her forget everything. He did it ______ her husband, because he wanted his money.
3. In New York, a magician said he would give US$100,00 ________ anyone who could tell him how his trick was done.
4. He made a magic trick __________ the audience's attention.
5. Many people did not know, but it was a quarter _______ two.
6. In Los Angeles, the magician had to be handcuffed under water ___________ sixty seconds before the piranas were thrown into the tank.
7. Thousands of people went ________ Los Angeles just because of her show.
8. What about you? Are you __________ or against the shows in the segment?
9. The magicians are scheduling a joint presentation ___________ Saturday.
10. Are magic tricks good _________the mind?
MOVIE SEGMENT DOWNLOAD - NOW YOU SEE ME
1. to (motive or reason + verb)
2. for (doing something to help someone)
3. to (giving)
4. for (motive or reason + noun)
5. to (minutes before the hour)
6. for (periods of time)
7. to (destination)
8. for (Agree with or in favor of something)
9. for (scheduling)
10. for (benefits)